A further 1,283 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ireland. This brings the total number of COVID cases to 49,962.
The health department has also reported three further deaths related to the virus. The confirmed death rate in the country is 1,852.
This is the fifth day in a row that more than 1000 cases have been reported in the country.
Of the cases confirmed today;
- 628 are men / 651 are women
- 68% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 31 years old
- 408 cases were reported in Dublin
- 156 cases in Cork, 88 in Kildare, 80 in Meath, 55 in Limerick and the remaining 496 cases are spread across 21 counties.
The HSE has stated that 277 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 33 are in ICU.
In view of the increasing cases of COVID-19, an announcement on tighter restrictions is expected to be enforced across the country from tomorrow.